We have worked real hard at our garden and it's producing tomatoes, peas and cukes. Soon, we'll have beans, cabbage and hopefully, green peppers. We also planted popcorn, corn, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, watermelon, canteloupe, honeydew, pumpkin, radishes, beets, carrots and lettuce. Yum! These pics are from when we planted. I'll have to take some more pics and show how well it's growing this year. I really hate black plastic, but I have to admit, it's been the saving grace of my garden this year. Without it, the weeds would have choked anything I planted. We also learned to plant at Easter so we can harvest before the real heat gets here in July. The kids hate working in the yard, as all kids do, but they are willing. At the end of the day, they asked, "Can we die now?" :o)
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
We have worked real hard at our garden and it's producing tomatoes, peas and cukes. Soon, we'll have beans, cabbage and hopefully, green peppers. We also planted popcorn, corn, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, watermelon, canteloupe, honeydew, pumpkin, radishes, beets, carrots and lettuce. Yum! These pics are from when we planted. I'll have to take some more pics and show how well it's growing this year. I really hate black plastic, but I have to admit, it's been the saving grace of my garden this year. Without it, the weeds would have choked anything I planted. We also learned to plant at Easter so we can harvest before the real heat gets here in July. The kids hate working in the yard, as all kids do, but they are willing. At the end of the day, they asked, "Can we die now?" :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment